It’s similar to chicken cordon bleu, but our asparagus, old cheddar & corned beef stuffed chicken breast is just as easy to make and more flavourful. The marvelous thing with this recipe is you can substitute cheeses (such as a brie or cambezola) and vegetables (like sliced sweet bell peppers) for the ingredients we have here.
As opposed to the garlic basil Alfredo sauce, you could do a traditional Bearnaise or Hollandaise for the dish as well. If you wanted to really shake things up, go with a linguine instead of rice and use a pesto for your sauce.
You’ll want one chicken breast for each person and the recipe below is for 4 people.
- 1 can corned beef
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tsp pureed garlic
- 1 tsp minced dry/fresh garlic
- 1 Alfredo mix
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup rice
- Cooking twine
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and cover with saran wrap and gently pound out the halves.
- Open the can of corned beef and cut washed asparagus to a manageable length.
- Lay a breast half on cutting board. Spoon out corned beef evenly.
- Put 4 pieces of asparagus and a piece of cheese on the corned beef.
- Tie it up and place in a greased baking sheet. Cook in a 350° F oven for 45 minutes.
- Make the rice the way you like it. For ours, we added a little olive oil & Herbs de Provence.
- Place any corned beef mixture leftovers in a pan, grate some carrot into the mix and fry this up.
- Make the Alfredo sauce, add the pureed garlic and minced basil. If you feel adventurous add some more of the old cheddar cheese.
- Time to plate
- Place a scoop of leftovers on the plate. Place 2 pieces of chicken on top. Liberally drizzle the Alfredo sauce onto it. Add a scoop of rice and serve.
© 2024 Ts Chips ...and more