Naan (or pita) pizza is a quick and easy fix when you & the kids are hungry and they want to help with dinner. This is the best way for everyone, especially the picky eater, to get what they want. And all the while having the kids participate and learn how to cook for themselves. We recommend you make a buffet of ingredients and all you need to do is supervise everyone while they make their own creations.
It probably takes longer to prep the ingredients you want to use that it actually does to cook them. It's meant to be a fun and different, relaxing way to make dinner.
If it's summer, too hot to cook inside and you have a barbeque, you can cook these on the BBQ - just not directly on the heat.
- 1 Pre-made bag of pitas or naan bread
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Feta cheese
- Sliced cooked chicken breasts
- Bacon cooked and cut up
- Sliced pepperoni
- Diced Roma tomatoes
- Sauces - Alfredo, pizza sauce, pesto, or mix Alfredo and pizza sauce for a rose sauce
- 1 Box of cooked Kraft Dinner with hot dogs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Cooking time varies depending on toppings but usually 8 or 10 minutes. If it's summer and too hot to cook inside, you can put these on the barbecue - just not directly over the flames.
- So, the instructions are easy for this recipe - THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS. Grab a pita or naan and put your pizza together the way you like it. Supervise the kids as they put the KD with hot dogs on the pizza and then add cheese on top. It's just that easy. If you wanted to make a dessert version, spread some Nutella on a naan or pita then slice some banana on it before popping in the oven. Let it cool for a couple minutes before topping with some whipped cream.
- Pop the pizzas in the oven then let the kids be in charge to watch the pizzas cook and tell you when they are done. This way, they have some responsibility and get some confidence in themselves while learning to cook.
© 2024 Ts Chips ...and more